Bega Pioneers Museum

Salvation Army Bonnet and Hat

The Story

The Salvation Army Bega Corps was one of the earliest and is one of the longest-surviving of N.S.W.’s Salvation Army corps, having been established in 1890. Since then the Bega Corps of the Salvation Army has played a significant, if not always well-publicised, social role locally and has presented a substantial ongoing Evangelical message throughout the Bega Valley Shire. Its Officers and the Army’s uniform (represented by this bonnet and bandsman’s cap that were part of the standard Salvation Army uniform from the 1940s to c1970) have been, and continue to be, well-recognised throughout the Shire.

Images courtesy of Double Take Photography

Location

87 Bega St, Bega, NSW, 2550.